Suitable for Exam Boards:
AQA/OCR & EDX
+ Course Dates April 2019
- 12-13 (Friday – Saturday)
GCSE & IGCSE courses include 12 hrs of tuition taken over 2 full days. 9am to 5pm. It is ESSENTIAL that you read the accompanying course outline(s) before applying for the course.
- To provide opportunities to cover the key themes common to most specifications.
- To provide opportunities to review case study material common to most specifications.
- To develop effective revision techniques, e.g. exam time management, subject specific command word understanding and interpretation as well as how to use technical key term vocabulary to access SPAG levels successfully.
- To practise short answer question (SAQ) responses learning how to employ effective deconstruction techniques to improve your grade across each theme.
- To practise extended prose question (EPQ) responses learning how to employ effective deconstruction techniques to improve your grade across each theme.
- To provide opportunities to practise Geographical Skills outlined in the specification, e.g. Cartographical (OS Maps, Satellite Images, GIS etc.), Graphical (Choropleth interpretation, Flow lines, etc.) and Statistical techniques (Median, Mode etc.)
To provide opportunities to practise Fieldwork/Enquiry questions; reviewing key responses on Aims/Hypothesis, Data Collection, Data Presentation, Data Analysis and Conclusions/Evaluations.